This website is run by me, Liam Nugent. I want as many people as possible to be able to use this website regardless of technology or ability. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
I’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
# How accessible this website is
I know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- I've deliberately not included a skip to the main content when using a screen reader because every page (as of April 2020) starts with the content, so there's no need to skip to it.
- the consequence of this is that navigation is at the foot of every page. For those who regularly use screen readers, I'd love to hear if this is something that helps or hinders you. Please send me a message with your opinion.
- If you listen to the page on a screen reader on iOS, for some unfathomable reason the copyright date says, "Copyright. 2020 inches"! It's infuriating but I've not yet worked out why. It does this on several other websites too.
# Reporting accessibility problems with this website
I'm always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think I'm not meeting accessibility requirements, please send me a message with your feedback. I'll respond to it promptly.
# Technical information about this website’s accessibility
I strive to make this website compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
# What I'm doing to improve accessibility
There are no changes planned at present. No resting on laurels here—but there's nothing on the to-do list right now, apart from that daft copyright notice that's in inches!!! I'll keep trying to solve that.
As the site grows, I'll ensure that new additions conform to the principles in this statement.